Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Theory of Imagination

        
      Well since yesterday my mind was a blur due to a severe headache,I just posted some videos and also reviewed them for my own amusement.What I admire at people like comedians is their unique capability of imagining things. 
      It's the same cognitive process I am trying to apply to this blog,when two existing perceptions (thesis and antithesis) are combined within the mind, a third perception (called synthesis) is formed. At this point, perception only exists as a part of imagination and can become the inspiration for a new invention or technique,or why not a theory.That is the basic definition of imagination.
       It is also a known fact that hallucinogenic drugs, hypnosis,meditation (which can lead to self hypnosis) heighten the imagination.
       As I said in my "Theory of Relativity" post,we take for granted what our receptors(our "sensors") show us.But when the line between imagination and reality is crossed due to drugs or other factors which change the brain chemistry than it's called psychosis.
       Imagination can be so real that it hurts for real,we can hurt others not only ourselves,either by using drugs which distort reality or by imagining the wrong things like war and death and disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment