Sunday, October 17, 2010

The "fountain of youth" Theory

    
      Many people confuse the "eternal youth" idea with immortality.That is wrong; the "eternal youth" concept refers to being/feeling young until the day you die.The modern conception of the fountain of youth is the discovery of the gene that causes old age.
     For those of you who don't know this yet ,yes old age is a disease itself caused by a gene or more. The discovery of this gene and thus rendering it inactive would probably offer eternal youth. I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but I will put it in simple words:
    I am 90% sure that this gene has already been discovered.Why? Let's say I have a fortune of 50 billion dollars or so.What do I do with my money? Hmmm why don't I invest a part of them(let's say half) in a "health insurance" plan only for me and my family,thus investing in genetic research.Since the invention of the internet I have realized that people are capable of anything that I couldn't even imagine.
     So investing some cash to assure that you'll always be young is not out of the question.Now the problem is that in order to apply a vaccine you would probably have to stop this gene of activating itself,if it already has activated it might be too late(since by activating itself it causes the disease to start and as I'm sure you know it's incurable and lethal).
     When does this gene starts manifesting?Well at around 25 years of age the growing process stops, after that it's only downhill ,so in order for the treatment to work it would have to be applied before the age of 25.
     There were some public debates about the aging process and the genes that causes it, but scientists assured the public that a "youth serum" is just a myth and there is no chance that they could do something about it YET.
      Well let's think for a moment what would happen if a "youth serum" would be made public? All humans (some would probably want to buy for their pets ass well) under the age of 25 would want this serum.In the long run there would be a drastic increase in the human population due to humans living longer (since no diseases associated with the old age stage the life expectancy would increase a lot,I would say from 80-90 to 120-130 or more depends on  cellular degradation and regeneration).What would happen to our world than? Chaos, total chaos.Why? Our world is already crowded,an increase in population means hunger,pollution,unemployment,other disease,wars, and wars mean a lot of death,and isn't it sad to see young people die?

No comments:

Post a Comment