Friday, February 11, 2011

The Utopian Theory

     

       I've been meaning to write this for a while now,about Plato's Republic,about how we can create a truly modern society,about the future that mankind needs to go for.And as I'm thinking about this my mind wonders off (drifting away towards reality,one hell of a daydreamer I am) and I'm looking at my keyboard I realize that my PC is 5 years old,and there's this new MMO coming out this fall and I definitely need to buy a new PC.Just one problem: I lack the money.
      And so my Utopia crumbles into cosmic dust as I realize that money still rules our society,actually our world.But how to make money? Hmmm well for sure "money making" is not related to culture or intelligence for that matter.Just your average IQ can make you millions,the question that remains is "how"?
      The best way of making money is knowing how to sell your merchandise either it's a product or a service,or your body for that matter(just kidding).Because if you take,let's say 100 people to sell 100 breads and put them in 100 different markets with same amount of potential costumers,probably 70 will sell the breads;10 will sell the breads as "baguettes" at double cost,than they'll buy more bread and start a business;10 will sell the bread and borrow money to make bakeries to make more bread for sale;5 will sell the same bread to 10-20 people by promising a home delivery;3 will sell 1000 breads by saying the bread is just a "tester" and the real breads are in the back ready for delivery;1 will just eat the bread and say he sold it because he's too lazy to go to the market and 1 will give the bread to someone in need.
     Now of course giving away your bread is not a profitable option,not to mention that the few ones that made real money by selling breads (cheating or not) can give away 100 breads later "Yes we cheated,but we only took from the rich to give to the poor",or say  "we worked hard for our business and now we are  giving back to the community",  except they gave themselves a couple of houses,cars,plastic surgeries in the process.
    99 people can make more or less money,but it takes just 1 to take the meaning of "society" ,"civilization" and "humanity" into the perfect future many of us dream about.Too bad there are 99 people that will probably kill him for only thinking different.

No comments:

Post a Comment